Guidelines for Getting Married outside the Archdiocese of Singapore (Overseas)
- Notify your Singapore parish as soon as possible in order to meet the timeline required by the overseas Diocese you are intending to get married at.
- Make an appointment for a pre-nuptial interview with a priest from the parish.
- Gather the necessary documents according to the requirements of the overseas Diocese you will be marrying at.
- If one of you is not a baptised Catholic, inform the priest about the difference in religion at the first meeting. He will do the necessary steps to obtain the permission or dispensation from the Bishop through the Chancery Office.
- Fill up the Overseas Wedding Form and make upfront payment to the parish for courier and administrative fee.
- Parish will send completed prenuptial-inquiry documents and payment to the Chancery of the Archdiocese of Singapore.
- Chancery of the Archdiocese of Singapore will transmit all the documents and the letter of permission for overseas marriage by courier to the overseas Diocesan office and keep you informed.